What We Do
In brief, we do allsorts!! Anything which encourages fun, togetherness and personal development.
We hold a combination of regular activities, day trips, annual specials, one offs and carer’s events. All activities, day trips and events are subsidised by ESCAPE and where possible transport is provided, including wheelchair accessible coaches if required. We strive to ensure that everything that we do is open to all.
Here are some examples of what we get up to;-
Regular activities for the whole family
We swim weekly at Taunton Pool
Day trips for the whole family
During the school holidays we organise day trips for the whole family, allowing families to unwind and spend quality time together away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Regular activities for parents and carers
Parents and carers are encouraged to get together regularly, we hold coffee mornings, lunches, days and evenings out and occasionally weekends away.
Hub Club is a monthly group, held on a Saturday afternoon. We provide arts and craft activities, as well as fun and games for all. The whole family can come along and spend quality time together doing things they enjoy together….why not join us…for further info watch our What’s On pages for dates and times.
These are very special events that we aim to offer once a year. In the past our specials have been:
- 2002 – A two day visit to Alton Towers staying overnight in an Express by Holiday Inn
- 2003 – A two day visit to Alton Towers staying overnight in The Splashdown Hotel
- 2004 – A two day visit to London to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang along with a ride on the London Eye and a Thames River Cruise
- 2005 – To celebrate our 5th Anniversary, a very special 4 day stay, with exclusive use of a Holiday Village on the Isle of Wight
- 2006 – A 3 day trip taking in Cadbury World along with 2 days at Alton Towers
- 2008 – A Fantastic week long holiday to Share Village in Ireland.
- 2009 – A two night break offering members the choice between Thorpe Park and Chessington World of Adventures along with a Thames Cruise or a visit to Windsor Castle.
- 2010 – We returned to our old favourite, Alton Towers and had a 4 day break at a PGL centre in Lincolnshire
- 2011 – Saw a fun filled 3 days in London, taking in Shrek the Musical, a Duck Tour, The London Eye and London Zoo
- 2012 – Something slightly different for this year. We had an overnight visit in Birmingham. The first day we all visited the Black Country Living Museum with a trip to the West Midland safari Park on the 2nd day.
- 2013 – Alton Towers (always popular!) 3-day break.
- 2014 – Blackpool Illuminations & pleasure beach 4-day break.
- 2015 – 5-day all-inclusive break at PGL activity centre in Swindon.
- 2016 – Visit to London Eye and to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- 2017– Visit to Alton Towers 3 day/2 night
- 2018– 4 day/3 night break at PGL Liddington